Come paddle around the V&A canals private canals, and enjoy the best hidden secret waterways of Cape Town.
SUP Cape Town has a clubhouse located on the canal next to the V&A Waterfront. We provide introductory lessons in Stand Up Paddle (SUP) boarding. We rent out boards for use on the canal, as well as long term rentals for those holiday trips (more information can be seen on our rentals page). Every Thursday evening we host a time trial, City Slickers. The time trial is open to any one, regardless of paddling ability.
During the summer months we rent boards on Clifton 4th beach, December to February. We are station under a Bedouin tent on the beach, weather dependent. If you are uncertain about the weather, feel free to contact us.
– 1 hour
– Change of clothes
– On the cooler days you can wear gym wear such as legging and a long sleeve shirt.
– Be able to swim we do supply life jackets if needed. The sport is safe and fun and no experience is needed.
What to Wear
– Gym wear
– V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Western Cape
– Based just behind the CTICC in Cape Town City Centre off Lower Long Street. The canal Loop is only 1km at the moment but will be extended to 3km by 2017. Great venue for the whole family
– The paddle loop around the canal is scenic 1’2km paddle and with views of Table Mountain and the Hotel Villa’s it is the most scenic canal in Cape Town.
Inclusions and Exclusions
– SUP Rental
– Basic lesson
– Refreshments but we do have cool drinks available for sale.