Looking for Adventure? This is the trip for you! Join our guides on a full day action packed outdoor adventure. This trip promises to rock your socks off as you will embark on a 65m Waterfall Abseil try your hand at Kloofing, jumping from 3 metres to 22 metres high. Take note you will be hiking to the various rock pools and abseil so wear appropriate shoes It might look a little crazy – it is!
Kamikaze Kanyon is in the Fynbos biome and forms part of the Cape Floral Kingdom. There are 6 floral kingdoms globaly and the Cape Floral Kingdom is the smallest and the most diverse per unit of area.The diversity of fynbos plants is extremely high, with over 9000 species of plants occurring in the biome of which 6200 are endemic, i.e. growing nowhere else in the world.Although the Fynbos biome only comprises 6% of the area of southern Africa, it has half the total number of plant species on the subcontinent – and has almost 1 in 5 of all African plant species so far described.
– Weather dependent. We can only confirm on the morning of the activity.
What to Wear
– Comfortable shoes (they will get wet).
– In the winter you might want to consider a wet suit (provided by Abseil Africa) as the water will be cold.
Things to Bring
– 2 Liters of water
– Swimming Costume
– Small Rucksack to carry your lunch and harness (in winter your wet suit too)
– Warm windbreaker
– Comfortable walking shoes (your shoes will get wet)
– A change of clothes
– 10 years
– 120.0 kg
– No Experience Requirement, just a bit of “Insanity”
Inclusions and Exclusions
– Koofing(wet suit in cold conditions)
– 3 meals
– Any additional items of a personal nature.
Arrival times vary with numbers & fitness of groups
– 07:00 Meet at Abseil Africa/Crazy Adventures, 297 Long Street, Cape Town
– 07:15 depart from Cape Town.
– 08:30 arrival at Sunbird Lodge for a delicious breakfast
– 09:30 enter the Gorge for a +/- 30 minute walk/hike to the first cliff jumping pool
– 12:30 lunch at the pools, leading to abseil down Thunder Falls.
-15:00 to 16:00 arrival back at Sunbird Lodge for Sundowners (cash bar)
– 17:00 departure from Sunbird to Cape Town
– 18:15 arrival in Cape Town